D. Duheric & Co Solicitors - Scotland & UK Immigration, Nationality & Human Rights Law
0131 225 5444 0742 704 9669
Scotland & UK - Private immigration including visas, sponsorship licenses, citizenship and asylum.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I am in the UK and my visa is coming to an end. I don’t know what to do next. I am getting conflicting advice. I don’t want to spend a lot of money on a consultation to hear what I already know. What can I do?

A: Send us an e-mail and we will advise you of your options without charge. If you need further advice or representation you will be charged. Any charges will be made clear to you prior to meeting. If, following consultation you decide to proceed with an application to extend your visa and wish us to represent you, the cost of the initial consultation will be included in the fixed fee for the whole matter.

All our services are based on a fixed fee and there are no hidden costs.

Q: I don’t live in the UK and am in my home country. I would like to come to the UK but would like advice about what immigration category to apply for. Can you help me?

A: Send us an e-mail outlining your circumstances and what exactly you want to do in the UK and we will set out your options. If you want a detailed consultation send us an e-mail and we will arrange to talk to you via Skype. Payment for this consultation will be required before it takes place. If you decide to proceed with an application for entry clearance the fee for initial consultation will be included in the application fee. Payment of the fee will be required in advance.

Q: We are a company based outside the UK. We would like to open a branch and transfer some of our employees to work there. Can you help us?

A: Yes, this is a complicated process. You can send someone from your company to be your ‘sole representative’ in the UK. They can set up a branch and once this is opened, we can help you obtain a licence from the UK Border Agency. This will enable you to transfer some of your long term, skilled employee(s) to the UK. The rules are very strict and advice is essential. The process is slow and you will be advised to contact us as early as possible. All work will be carried on a fixed fee basis.

Q: I am an employer in the UK and I need to employ a foreign worker. Can you help?

A: Get in touch with us and in a short telephone conversation we can establish whether you can employ a foreign worker. If you need to apply for licence with the UK Border Agency we can help you with that. We can also be nominated as someone who can deal with your case management system with the UK Border Agency once your licence is granted. It is very important employers comply with the law. Any employer employing someone who has no right to work in the UK will be fined up to £10,000.

Q: We are an employer and we already have a licence but we need someone to look after our existing foreign employees and their immigration matters. Can you help?

A: Yes, you would nominate us as a level 1 user on your case management system with the UK Border Agency. This would enable us to have full access to your case management system and with your instructions we can carry on work in relation to existing or new employees.

Q: We employ a few foreign workers and from time to time we have various straight forward queries. How can you help us with these?

A: These are the only circumstances in which we would charge an hourly rate. We would set you up as a client and whenever you have a question or a query you phone or e-mail us with that query and you will get an instant answer/guide. You will be charged for the time spent on answering the query. No questions – no charge as simple as that.

Q: I am in the UK but my partner / fiancée / husband is abroad, can you help us with their application for entry clearance?

A: Yes, get in touch with us by telephone or email and we will arrange an appointment. Work will be carried out on a fixed fee basis and you will be kept informed of what is happening with your application.

Q: My application to extend my visa has just been refused, is there any point in appealing?

A: Contact us via e-mail and attach your refusal letter. We will advise you free of charge if there is a chance of overturning the original decision. In the last year Damir Duheric’s success rate at appeal has been over 90% because we will not take a case on if there is no real chance of succeeding. Work will be carried out on a fixed fee basis so you will know exactly how much you will be charged for the whole appeal. You will be actively involved with the appeal and you will be kept informed at each stage of what is happening.

Q: You are based in Edinburgh and my appeal is due to take place in England/Northern Ireland, how can you help me?

A: Phone or e-mail us, we will give you a quote (fixed fee) for the appeal. You can decide if it is cost effective to instruct us to travel to England or Northern Ireland to represent you at your hearing.

contact us  >>
Law Society of Scotland - The Journal Online
The Law Society of Scotland
ILPA - Immigration Law Practitioners' Association
Chambers & Partners
Follow on FacebookFollow on TwitterFollow on LinkedInBookmark & Share
Telephone Enquiries
0742 704 9669 / 0131 225 5444
Copyright © 2024 | All Rights Reserved
D. Duheric & Co Solicitors
Website Design & Hosting by Edinburgh Websites
Privacy Policy
Site Map
Top of Page